Parks & Recreation - Swimming Pools
Whitehall Township boasts three municipal swimming pools, located in the north, south and center of the township in order to serve all residents.
Jefferson Street Pool
901 Jefferson Street, Fullerton
3051 S. Fifth Street, Hokendauqua
5185 Dewey Street, Cementon
Parkview (Hokey) Pool will be closing on Thursday, August 16th and Cementon and Jefferson Street Pools will be closing on Sunday, August 19th. Regular hours Noon until 6:00 p.m. Twilight Swim has ended for the season and the last day for Free Swim is Saturday, August 18th.
PATRONS MUST HAVE A POOL PASS OR PHOTO ID ON EACH AND EVERY VISIT
Birthday Splash Package Info
Season passes are available for residents and non-residents at the Township Building located at 3219 MacArthur Road Monday thru Friday 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. (Except Memorial Day and July 4th) Residents and non-residents who wish to visit for the day may purchase daily passes at each pool.
Pool pass fees are as follows:
2018 Resident Season Pass Rates
Family: $140.00 (2 Adults, 2 Children)
Additional Child: $20.00
*Up to and including 2018 High school graduate
2018 Non-Resident Season Pass Rates
Non-Resident Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) : $250.00
Non-Resident Adult: $100.00
Non-Resident Student**: $80.00
*Up to and including 2018 High school graduate
Non-Resident Grandchild: $40.00
Ages 6 through 12 accompanied by resident grandparent
$5.00 per person/resident. WITH PHOTO ID. from 6 to 61 years old.
$10.00 per person/non-resident, from 6 to 61 years old.
Children under 6 yrs. old and persons 62 and over-free of charge.
The pools usually open the Saturday following the conclusion of the school year. (Check this website in the spring for opening and closing dates).
Swim lessons are available for toilet-trained children, ages 2 1/2 through 12. Morning and evening swim lessons are offered and Aqua aerobics for adults are held two evenings a week. Click on: Programs on this site for more information. There is a competitive swim team, the Whitehall Waves that uses the Hokey Parkview Pool.
The Recreation Department also utilizes the Whitehall High School pool from fall through spring for aquatic activities. Beginning in September, there is a free public swim for Whitehall and Coplay residents on Mondays and Wednesdays. This free swim is reserved for families from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and it is limited to adults from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. There is also an Aqua Aerobics program offered from fall through spring and Aqua Zumba for adults one evening a week.
Daily hours of operations are: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (except Sundays and Wednesdays) 12 noon-7:00 p.m.
At any time, the pools are subject to close due to inclement weather.
Whitehall Township Recreation Bureau pool rules
- The pool will not be utilized unless there are two qualified, approved lifeguards on duty and in position.
- All patrons must pay fees and sign in book or give season pass prior to entering the pool.
- ONLY APPROVED SWIMWEAR WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE POOL! ABSOLUTELY NO STREET CLOTHES.
- NO SMOKING within the fenced pool area or the pool buildings.
- No child under the age of 10 will be allowed in the pool area during open swim periods unless accompanied by a parent or guardian, or if the child is a Certified Red Cross Level 4 Swimmer.
- Parents are responsible for the direct supervision of pre-school children under their care at all times. Children are not allowed to wear diapers while in the pool.
- Loitering or horseplay of any type will not be permitted in the pool area, lobby, or changing rooms. This includes running, pushing, ball playing, profane language, disrobing, unsanitary action, property damage, towel snapping, or any behavior causing annoyance.
- No person with a fever, cold, cough, inflamed eyes, skin diseases, mouth, nose, or ear discharges, or wearing a bandage (or Band-Aid) is allowed to use the pool.
- Personal phone calls for patrons or paging of patrons will be granted only in case of emergency. Persons caught abusing this service will receive an automatic suspension of pool privileges.
- The pool staff will not be responsible for lost items. Persons bringing valuables do so at their own risk.
- No items may be hung on any pool fixture unless placed there by pool personnel.
- No barrettes, hair clips, or pins of any kind are permitted in the pool.
- No glass, food, or beverages are permitted in the pool and changing areas.
- No tubes, face masks, snorkels, swimming aides, balls, Frisbees, or are allowed in the pool or pool area. Items brought into the pool may only be used at the manager's discretion. No floatation devices of any kind are allowed in the diving well.
- No games of any kind are permitted in the diving area.
- Only one (1) person is allowed on each diving board at a time. Diving is permitted from the front end of the board only. Diving off the wall is not permitted in the shallow areas as indicated by the red border on the pool deck.
- Prior to diving, insure that the diving area is clear of swimmers. After diving, swim to the closest side of the pool.
- No pets allowed within the pool area.
- DO NOT TALK TO LIFEGUARDS, EXCEPT IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. Do not climb on lifeguard chair. Do not splash lifeguards.
- In case of emergency, accident, or injury, notify the nearest lifeguard and follow his/her instructions.
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on pool property is subject to permanent expulsion from all Recreation functions.
- Any other rules necessary for safety or control at the pool may be made by the lifeguards with the consent of the Aquatics Director and Bureau Chief of Recreation.
- Random pool drills will occur. Your assistance is expected. Please obey directions from the staff.
- In the event a person refused to follow instructions of a guard or Recreation employees regarding disciplinary matter, said person will be subject to suspension of their Recreation privileges.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and in-line skates are not permitted inside the fence. Bicycles must be placed in bike racks and remain there.
Each facility is for your pleasure.
Any violation of Whitehall Township's pool rules is subject to recall of pool privileges at the recreation staff discretion or criminal prosecution.
Directions to Jefferson St. Pool
From MacArthur Road (Rt. 145), head east on Grape Street to Jordan Blvd. (next to Toys R Us), turn left and go one block to Jefferson St. Park on your left.
Directions to Parkview Pool
From MacArthur Road (Rt. 145), head north past U-Haul (or south using jug handle after Municipal Drive) to Lehigh Street. Head east past new IRT bridge, and continue to brown Whitehall Recreation sign at Third St. Turn left onto Third Street and continue two stops signs to School Street. Turn left, continue through one stop sign and around bend to Parkview Drive. Park sign is on your left - continue into parking lot.
Directions to Cementon Pool
From MacArthur Road (Rt. 145, turn northeast onto Fornaciari Drive, continue on Fornaciari Drive until you see the Victor Talotta Park sign on your right. Turn right onto Dewey Ave.; parking lot is on the left.