The Ethics Board is comprised of five township citizens holding no other township elected or appointed position.
Duties and powers of the Board of Ethics are:
- To consider questions of ethical conduct and conflict of interest and issue advisory opinions on same.
- To conduct hearings on questions of ethical conduct and make recommendations for action to the Board of Commissioners, based on its findings.
- To provide a continuing program effecting implementation of the Code of Ethics.
- To require that all complaints must be duly notarized and signed by the person or persons filing any code violation charge, prior to any public hearing of same and/or public revelation of the charge.
- To accept and file any information voluntarily supplied that exceeds the requirements of the ordinance establishing the Ethics Board.
- To render a determination on all alleged violations.
- Shall have subpoena powers and the power to grant immunity under township law only.
The Ethics Board meets on an as-needed basis.
For meeting schedule please view our calendar.
Ellen Mary Bennett