Environmental Advisory Council
The eleven-member Environmental Advisory Council is part of a large network of councils that exist in many municipalities throughout Pennsylvania.
EAC members are appointed arms of municipal government that serve as advisors having environmental conservation and improvement as their exclusive focus.
They each serve a three year term. Appointment to the EAC by the Board of Commissioners asks volunteers to make the commitment to attend monthly meetings, provide input and participate in EAC activities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Annual electronic & standard recycling event coordination and implementation.
- Environmental Resource Inventory.
- Whitehall Parkway Oversight.
- Shade Tree Committee issues and concerns.
- Growing Greener Grant applications and funded projects.
- Rail-Trail/Parkway cleanups and improvements.
- Lehigh River Sojourn assistance.
- Open Space and Recreation Plan revisions.
- Stream bank restoration projects.
- Tree plantings.
- Any environmental concerns and/or challenges affecting Whitehall Township.
You do not need to be a member of the EAC to participate. They are always looking for extra hands.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 6:30PM. For more information, contact Deb Rosene at drrosene@ gmail.com
For meeting schedule please view our calendar