Environmental Advisory Council
The eleven-member Environmental Advisory Council is part of a large network of councils that exist in many municipalities throughout Pennsylvania.
EAC members are appointed arms of municipal government that serve as advisors having environmental conservation and improvement as their exclusive focus.
They each serve a three year term. Appointment to the EAC by the Board of Commissioners asks volunteers to make the commitment to attend monthly meetings, provide input and participate in EAC activities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Annual electronic & standard recycling event coordination and implementation.
- Environmental Resource Inventory.
- Whitehall Parkway and Jordan Parkway Oversight.
- Shade Tree Committee issues and concerns.
- Growing Greener Grant applications and funded projects.
- Rail-Trail/Parkway cleanups and improvements.
- Lehigh River Sojourn assistance.
- Open Space and Recreation Plan revisions.
- Stream bank restoration projects.
- Tree plantings.
- Any environmental concerns and/or challenges affecting Whitehall Township.
- Adopt a Highway Clean-ups and other organized community litter clean-ups.
- Educating the township about environmental impacting issues through newsletter articles, social media and community outreach.
You do not need to be a member of the EAC to participate. They are always looking for extra hands.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at 6:30PM at the Helfrich Springs Gristmill.
Clean-ups and other information are posted to the Whitehall, PA Neighborhood Facebook, Next Door and Whitehall Twsp Facebook. To be added to an email list, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the 2022 Annual Report click HERE
For meeting schedule please view our calendar